Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Culinary Escapades !!!

The last few days of 2006 were spent in treating myself with multitude of culinary options across different places inside well as outside of Delhi. My family’s visit to Rajasthan coupled with my own visit to Khajuraho and Orchha just before their visit left me with the options of trying different restaurants, raiding my friend’s home and sometimes even cooking with them. Just for the fun sake, let me list day by day the food I had during this time :)


20th Dec 2006 :

Dinner : Veg Biryani, Curd, Naan, Chole and Paneer something from Comesum- Nizammudin Railway station followed by a plum cake


21st Dec 2006 :

Breakfast : Omlette (awesome) in front of Jhansi Station, Pakode and samosa with green chutney on the way to Khajuraho

Lunch : Noodles (egg and veg) with Peas :D, Pizza and bland spaghetti at Khajuraho (worst of all the days)

Dinner : Focaccia, Penne Pasta with tomato based sauce, Indian Veg Pizza etc…..


22nd December 2006

Lunch : Typical Indian Lunch (though dal fry was nice)

Dinner : Chinese (Noodles, Manchurian, Veggies in Some Sauce, Scrambled Eggs and toast)


23 December 2006

Breakfast : Bread-Omlette followed by some awesome bread pakodas and poha

Dinner : prior to it we had delicious aloo tikkis with matar dal at Orchha, Veg Pulav, Dal Fry and yummy fruit Raita


24 December 2006

Breakfast : Usual Bread Omlette followed by fruit raita, Macaroni

Lunch : Bread Omlette & Fruit Raita :D

Dinner : Typical Indian Railways Dinner


Back to Delhi and I was all alone looking for my dinner, lunch was taken in office on most of the days


25th December 2006 :

Lunch : Jassi Papaji’s wedding, - Chicken Tikkas, Chilli chicken, Seekh kebab, Rice and Raita followed by Hot Gulab Jamuns and Gajar ka Halwa

Dinner : Chicken Tikka and Roomali Roti + Vodka from Rajinder at a friend’s place


26th December :

Dinner : Cooking time at friend's place – Dal Makhni, Aloo Gobhi, Pulav, Roti and Raita (not everything was done by me and my friend makes some yummiest food)


27th December :

Dinner : Sharwamas at Priya, then Bun-Omllete + Egg Parantha at JNU Ganga Dhaba followed by Maggi + Coffee at IIT Nescafe


28th December

Dinner : Seekh Kebab + Roomali Roti from Rajinder & Vodka (Vanilla Twist) at a small party at home


29th December : Cooking Day

Lunch : Pasta with Tomato, Garlic and chilly Sauce with eggs

Dinner : Chicken Soup + Garlic Bread


30th December 2006

Lunch : Cooking time again – Veg Biryani & Jeera Raita at friend’s place

Dinner : Khichdi (awesome) made by my friend :)


31st December : finally parents back home but my culinary escapades continued till Monday

Dinner : Pizza + Vodka from Slice of Italy


1 January, 2007

Lunch : some family friends were coming for lunch, so assisted mom in cooking Chilli Paneer, Palak Pulav, Aloo Gobhi and cooked Methi Chicken myself (need recipe :D)

Quite a culinary escapade I had over last few days. For those, who don’t know or haven’t guessed it till now. I love cooking and trying out different recipes. Happy cooking and eating out in the coming year and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you :)

18 comments:

RB said...

WOW! That's a loooong list and do you know how to cook or what! Chennai effect, I'm sure! :D

Kabhi is pe bhi gyan chahiye hoga to I'll get in touch with you. Cool na? :-)

R said...

Man, that's a long list! I can ONLY make Maggi, coffee, tea and err fries.

And I actually like Vanilla Twist, man.

~ Deeps ~ said...

@richa
chennai helped a lil but i have always liked cooking.....gyan is par.....jarur mam :)

@Rohit
Vanilla twist is nice but Absolut Pepper is the ONE for me...

Anonymous said...

Chef Deepak, when do i get to eat the Methi Chicken?

Unknown said...

Oye hoye...JNU's Ganga Dhaba? Wahan ke pakode ki yaad aa gai. That's probably one of the things I did most in my MA days...eat pakodas.

Can you please add one more thing to our list of things to do together? Europe to chal hi rahe hain, saath mein eating-cooking sessions bhi add kar do.

mayuri said...

yummy!!!
kinte saare items hain... aapki toh variety-treat ho gayi
:)

burf said...

to you too

~ Deeps ~ said...

@anz
mam whenever u say.......i wud be happy to be on ur service :)

@woodie
yeah ganga dhaba....the food that u get in campus still hold some magic .......i m gonna do a tour of north campus soon now.....chachas and mutton dosa at Dschool :)

haan trip bilkul sasta wala karenge na, backpacker type to khud hi khana banana hoga :)

@Mayuri
ji haan bilkul

@burf
thanx

Unknown said...

@ D
Chachas?
Where in the world will I get chhole bhature of that taste?
And mutton dosa is such a perfect lunch. Hum log jab Stephen's mein thhe tab that used to cost 12 bucks. Woh bhi mushkil se afford kar pate thhe. So mutton dosa was a huge treat, usually saved for a big occasion. Abhi bhi in spite of so many years, lagta hain ki mutton dosa ki baat ho rahi hain tab to koi bahut hi special event ko celebrate kia ja raha hain. :D

Ash said...

Oh. My. God.

~ Deeps ~ said...

@woodie
campus food do bring some spl memories, i have so many of them, spl those which are related to my uspl gang at d school........

@ash
wat ?

Kishley (Dolly Sapra) said...

nice :) itna sab to mujhe bhi banana nahi aata

Lalit Singh said...

*SLURP*
Now I am big time J
:(
*SLURP*

Product Queen said...

I happened upon your blog and love it! I am so hungry after reading all the food....Don't laugh but I travel a lot and take so many pictures of meals I love throughout my travels....I also have this strange skill of remembering what anyone ate that was with me at any time.,,,S you really like a wide variety of foods. I love the food in india. I can only cook chana masala, daal, sag paneer....want to learn to make dosas as there is none here in new mexico. I

RB said...

Someone's forgotten this blog again!

RB said...

New new look...kya baat hai!!

And was that blog description always there or have you just added it?

mayuri said...

new year

new template
new taglines

new life

bas ek new post ki kami hai :)

Anonymous said...

Good words.