Monday, November 13, 2006

A Rollercoaster Ride

Life has been on Rollercoaster for past couple of months. Not that I don’t love it but the Rollercoaster has its own troughs and peaks in the process. Of course these troughs and peaks are originated by my thought process most of the times. One of the biggest problems of mine is I try to think and read too much into other people actions and they lead to some of the troughs in my life :( I know the fault is mine, but it just happens with me, especially with people I am kind of attached and expect few things. Talking about expectations, one of the lessons that I learnt long time back in my life is to minimize your expectations from people and you will have fewer reasons to be sore with someone. This has certainly helped me a lot in past. I do expect, but only from very few people in my life and they have never let me down and I believe I can confidently say that I have never let them down too.

Ok enough of my stupid ramblings……the last two weekends have been total raw fun. Prashie wrote an excellent post on our day out in a local fair on his blog. One of the best evenings of life till now. This weekend, we were out to Rishikesh for Rafting. This was my third rafting trip and prior to it I have done rafting in Kullu (Beas) and Rishikesh (Ganges). Highlights of the trip:-

1) The best Rapids till now, maximum risk-maximum fun till now. Risks in life always give me high and it was no different this time.

2) Pure, clean water of Ganges, Best till now.

3) Finding two branches of an Italian Restaurant in a small town like Rishikesh.

4) Finding a pool of water with waterfall next to it in a jungle after a strenuous trek. You are all alone out there to have fun like kids, which we did. (some thing like The Archies)

5) Guys can gossip and do lots of talking, even after deciding that we would be on bed by 10 (that’s why we didn’t go for The Departed), me and Prashie ended up doing all sorts of bakar till 12:30 in night on all kind of topics including gals :D (ofcourse, it has to be there)

6) Anjie (Anjali) trying her best to wake us 3 tired souls at 5 in the morning. So much so, that she even gave two blank call to me and made Tushar listen to her talks at 6 in the morning, while I pretended to be asleep all the time :D

7) Some excellent street food in Roorkee and Rishikesh.

8) Above all, it was good to be out with people with whom you are totally comfortable and you love them for what they are. And yeah, it was good to be out with Radha after a long time :)

I believe the best way I can put it up about both the weekends being so much fun that I don’t regret missing Man Utd matches on telly (Those who know me well, know what I mean here). Some memories, i hope i dont forget ever in my life :)

15 comments:

R said...

Nice! I really wanted to join. Heard some stories, quickly from Tushar and Prashant.. :)

Richa said...

Man U ka match chhod diya matlab humein intensity samajh aa gayi.
Very nice! :)

~ Deeps ~ said...

@AM
congrats....and welcome on my blog :)
and very well said........
we missed u too :(

@rohit
sorry yar, i had to catch the metro....next time

@BSTM
yeah....chhod diya match....dono weekend. somethings are more imp than matches :)

Subhadip said...

I MISS RISHIKESH!

I missed the ManU match too - I was out partying :-)

Where are the pics of the trip?

Kanika said...

Happy to read that you had such fun. Just one thing Deepak...no harm in thinking...but it is important to talk when something starts bothering you...all i know is that it helps.

And also...remember the conversation we had...just get your basics right and life would be purrfect!

Banvri said...

:)

wonderful description n i actually felt u ppls smile in this post :)


n i agree with u that u shd confine ur expectation wid few ppl or else life difficult ho jaati hain :)

mayuri said...

abs. fun, i'd say :)

and u r so right about minimizing ur expectations from others.
just a word of caution: dont think too much :)

~ ॐ ~ said...

senti wala maara hai bhai ne !!! :D

~ Deeps ~ said...

@subbu sir
mailed the pics.....
next time go to pub, which screen matches :)

@kanu
getting the basics right is the toughest thing to do :)

@chitra
agreed totally :)

@mayuri
cant help it....its an age old prob for me :)

@prashie
kabhi kabhi to marta hoon :D

burf said...

4 - pool me utarte hi aapke sath kya hua tha - wo bi to likho dear ;)

LOL

:D

~ Deeps ~ said...

@burf
bhai....pool main nahi....waterfall ke theek samne jane par........hehehe...sab cheezein likhne ke liye nahi hoti :)

Unknown said...

I am only curious to know waterfall ke samne jaane par kya hua tha?
Details please...D.

~ Deeps ~ said...

@woodie
no details........sab cheezein batane layak nahi hoti hai....... :D


@ankur
arey sir waterfall ke samne nahi, uske neeche hua tha...aur sirf mere sath nahi sabke sath hua tha :D

Unknown said...

trip was fun... with u and prashie around it always is:)

Anonymous said...

point5 - lolz.... tht is the best topic... i can write an endless essay abt it...lolz...

sound slike u had loads of fun bro...well very well said...life is a rollercoaster.... thr is a saying...never pray for an easier life..pray to be a stronger person.. never pray for tasks equal to your power ..but for power equal to conquer your tasks.... i think this is something tht gets me goin in blore...

rafting sounds like total masti... m missin delhi and u guys yaar...

cheers...
mocambo......