Monday, October 09, 2006

MW to MP3

I BELIEVE my car would be the only car being driven on Delhi roads in which MW (Medium Wave frequency channels from AIR) was being played for last one month or so. After giving me company for almost 6 years on uncountable number of times, my car music system finally decided to stop playing along with my rules. First the FM was gone and then the cassette (yeah, it was bought in 2000) player started to play music on its will. Finally this weekend, I decided that enough is enough and dumped my age old trusted partner in the car for a new Sony MP3/WMA music system. The pitfall: 5k gone straight into it, but finally good music on the drive because I can burn the CD’s of my liking. Already a dear friend has told me to take as many songs possible from her collection of mp3’s and I can always burn a copy of Prashie’s CD’s.

Coming to mp3’s , I do remember fondly about the music collection I had before I left for Chennai (Computer crashed and lost it totally when I was there). One of the stats that I can never forget was Getright (Download manager) showing, Downloaded data : 4.5 GB in 6 months and it saved 15GB of re-download. Nothing to be surprised of in 2006 but this figure is of 1999-2000 when we used to access the net using dial-up connection. My love for technology can be guessed from the fact that I bought (or rather made my dad bought) the first MP3 system that was launched by Phillips way back in 1999 (1200 Watts and it still rocks) and I had to explain the dealer, how mp3 works and his reaction as opposed to my belief was, it never gonna work :D

Well, Sunday was spent in writing few CDs and spending some time in Palika, which resulted in 6 mp3 CDs (Sting hits over the years, One Jazz CD, One of Indo fusion and finally a collection of Kenny Rogers, Johny Cash and few more music greats, Other two of old hindi songs of 70’s – 80’s). Rest of it was spent at Zen (good Chinese stuff with few shots of Vodka and Bacardi) with my graduation friends and yeah few shots at India Gate using a friends Nikon at sunset. Lets see how they come out.

Apart from that, probably i went through one of the worst thing that can happen to anyone using net. Somebody hacked my Gmail account through phishing. I agree, i was also not careful enough. Anyways, i hardly care about my gmail account, What i am really sad about that some used the same password to login on my orkut account and transferred the moderatorship of "New Delhi" and "Delhi Eating Out Community" to his name. Neeraj sir has entrusted me with "New Delhi" community and "Eating Out" was my baby. I used to spend around 15-20 mins daily to manage that one and i thought that it was quite a success when it was mentioned on FM (AIR rainbow) for its expertise. Time to move on, guess i had to learn it too hard way :)

Continuing with previous post “Anticipation”, the feeling is still same but it has gone in negative sphere now. I guess, its time to leave that feeling and venture back into my own comfortable world. It was good till it lasted, now it has no more place in my life :)

15 comments:

Richa said...

Congratulations for the new music player!!

your community was mentioned on rainbow? really? you never told us...
and again, it is very sad that your account got hacked. because i also believed that that community was the best managed community in my list.
i wish something could still be done about it.

good that you know what your comfortable zone is. :)

Banvri said...

MF :)


nice uptodate info :D

I can understand the HACK plight..but i have learnt my lesson now :)

Richa said...

and that was ME FIRST! :D

Banvri said...

huh :O

never mind me second :)

Richa said...

oooh....by a whisker!!!

~ Deeps ~ said...

@bstm
congrats on being first :)
yeah it was mentioned...maybe it slipped off my mind to mention it....but then again, i hardly mention things like this :)
one of my friends heard it and told me that it was brought up in a prog to find out abt the good eating places in delhi......

thanx for letting me know it was the best one in ur list :)

yeah i know my comfortable zone but my prob is i get bored of it soon :)


@chitra
congrats of being second :D
i know...u have been through this.....

Unknown said...

What say we, your Orkut friends, give the hacker a hell of a nasty time?

R said...

Congratulations!

Tune into 102.6 Rainbow every morning 8-10. They play good stuff. Well, mostly.

I guess it's time for me to burn discs for you too. But certainly nothing even closer to Kenny Rogers. :-/

R said...

close*

Damn. Typo. :|

~ Deeps ~ said...

@Woodie
sure, i have asked everyone to report it as bogus.........please do so........

@mayuri
no, i am not interested in starting it again.......the members out there are quite wonderful and they follow the rules most of the times.......so my idea is already a success :)

@Rohit
sure...please do that....
yeah rainbow plays some good stuff in morning...spl on tue at 9-10....that RJ knows his music

R said...

DR FEEL GOOD! He's super cool!

R said...

And check out 104 FM too. A new channel on test transmission basis. They're playing non stop Western stuff right now. There's hip hop, rock, pop and oh, not to forget, even boy bands. :-/

~ Deeps ~ said...

i know but that was till tech test they were having...frm evening they have gone like 95 fm (which sounds crap now days)
still the quality of eng songs on 104 are a lot better than 95....but 102 still better

R said...

Rainbow's the besht. These funny type new channels can keep trying.

I have been told 104 is also playing Hindi stuff now...Sheesh. :|

alex xander said...

Hello friends
Do you want your mobile phone to have the best quality ringtone? Free ringtones for everyone in the world. Unique ringtone. Ringtones are attractive. I will give you 5 most popular ring tones in 2018 below:

- wolves marimba ringtone
- Hold On ringtone
- Meant To Be Marimba ringtone
- Minions Banana ringtone
- Attention ringtone

Hope my ringtone will please you. Visit my homepage to find more of the best ringtones here: https://ringtonesmobile.net/
Ringtone download

Share with everyone to get the best free ringtones and quality. Thank you for your interest.