Thursday, October 12, 2006

Musings of a Stupid Mind

I got my Gmail id back. Google people mailed me today in the morning after conducting their investigation (that’s what mail said) and told me how to set up a new password. Thankfully, the id was not used to send any mails and no one deleted existing mails and pictures from Picasaweb. (That means all Leh pics are still on the site). Now the orkut community part needs to be sorted out. Lets see, whether Google investigations can result into something or not. I was just going through some of the messages on orkut and came to know that a lot of communities have been hacked by the same person named “Farzana” using the phishing site. I will write a detailed mail to Google tonight and wait for their response. Let’s hope for best.

There is a new channel (FM) on the air 104.00. They were having the technical test transmission till yesterday afternoon and I heard them first time day before yesterday evening. Within those 24 hrs, they probably played some of the best music on FM. So much so that, I was doing my work in office yesterday with headphones on all the time :) Hits from 60’s to 90’s. Of course not all song were good, they played some usual pop stuff too but I can live with that. But the moment techtest was over, they started 1 English and 1 Hindi number pattern and the quality of English songs went down. Nothing against Hindi songs (I love them) but we need at least one dedicated English channel though business wise (my mba education) this doesn’t make any sense because of high licensing fees in FM sector (some stupid Govt. rules) and lack of advt. (niche category of channel). That was the reason why Go FM in Bombay changed from English channel to a Hindi FM channel. Still 104.00 is better than 95.00 which is getting worse day by day. They have same set of songs and they keep on playing it again and again. Moreover, I think they just don’t know that English music has lots of category apart from Pop and Hip-Hop. Pathetic music!!! That leaves us with only AIR Rainbow 102.6. They play probably the best music between 8-10 in the morning though the RJ's are not at all good except the one on Tue 9-10 show (thanx to a friend for introducing it to me)

Btw, after going through Richa’s post, I think we do have premonition of bad things, that are going to happen. At least, I don’t feel something is right and get a queasy kind of feeling which something is going to be messy in next few hrs. Spooky…..naah…..experience and some unconscious thoughts in the mind. Probably yes, would write about the “Thin slicing” (judging something in few seconds) in next post. The “Blink – Malcolm Gladwell” effect.

Till then probably you can think over “How you are going to react, when a day which just started like a usual day turns into a good day in 2 mins, then turns in a excellent day in next 5 mins and then into probably a pathetic day in next 10 mins” How is a person supposed to react when faced with such a kind of situation? Had one yesterday, maybe musings of a stupid mind!!!!!!

Life is beautiful indeed :)

15 comments:

Kanika said...

ME FIRST!!! :) A wide smile

Okay....what happened y'day that made it a pathetic day????

Banvri said...

I think google is gone mad ..My gmail was again hacked yesterday n again i activated my accout ...and what is icing on the cake ..google is sending paswrd reset mail ppl.. My TL got a Mail from google to reset the passwrd for unknown account :|

maine bhi suna new FM -104 :D
on that time it was playing " still look like that "

feel good factor tha after hearing good oldies :)

yes i agree life is beautiful instead of PAL PAL changes :)

R said...

I second all of that! I've had similar thoughts for so long. This country needs dedicated channels. People need to know real music. Not just English, I mean so many brilliant artists. Even in India, so many never get noticed because of the dumb Shankar Ehsaan Loy shit. Come to think of it, the real musicians never get recognised. Our country is overflowing with talent when it comes to music. Let's forget the majority of the new generation of wannabe rockstars.

But anyway, I've an awesome idea which needs a lot of money. :| I shall execute it when I'm rich :D

R said...

And that's DR FEEL GOOD!

Oh, and I know many similar shows on Rainbow that noone should miss! :P

R said...

And please, PLEASE remove word verification. It's such a pain. :|

~ Deeps ~ said...

@kanu
whatever that happened, happened in morning and i didnt say it was a pathetic day, i just thot it wud turn into one....

congrats on being first :)

@chitra
google gone mad :D

@rohit
removed word verification, i agree with ur point in dedicated channels and hidden talent in India but there are commercial constraints as i mentioned on my blog........unless govt does something, we are not gonna see them.........

~ Deeps ~ said...

@rohit
do include me in ur plans, once u have loads of money :D

Richa said...

I could not agree more with you on the fm issue.
we keep hoping that something nice will come up but we keep getting the same stuff time and again.

remember, MTV India also had to exit the market and come back only with a desi version?
but thankfully, they've done something good now by launching VH1 here.

i quite like the way you have used parenthesis in this post. nice! :)

i think intuition is different from impulse which is nothing but the act of making quick decisions based on intuition.
if i may say so, i think i have a fairly good intuitive power which is also why i stick to believing in vibes a lot. but at the same time, my sense of impulse sucks. without fail, it gets me into trouble. you might say that it is because of my lack of experience but then it's not as if i have no experience at all.

anyway! i shall wait for your views on thin slicing. :)

i think the situation that you mentioned doesn't really leave much scope for you to decide how you may want to react.
and that just shows that you cannot always be in control.

My God! this has been a long comment. :D

R said...

Ah. No word verification. That's my boy.


Dekh rahi hai Richa?

Anonymous said...

aha finally u got that password thing sorted out...hopefully this farzana person or whosoever it is, is dealt well with. As for the orkut communities ive come across a lot many myself that have been hacked recently.
and now what happened htat made ur day pathetic???

~ Deeps ~ said...

@bstm
yeah that was a long reply but i loved it :)
right there...mtv has tochange the programming when V started moving ahead cuz of hindi content.......tho i still remember the days fondly when mtv used to come on dd metro for 2 hrs in evening.....that was really good.....infact even the VJ sucks nowdays.......3-4 yrs back the vjs on both channel were good and they knew the music........its not so anymore....just any pretty face in front of camera.......

in a way intution and impulse are related.......both come with experience tho......i agree on that.......


@rohit....
u just made me do something, which i was planning to do too.....

@mayuri
thanx....lets hope so.....
mba class ....hehehe ..well said...
yeah there is no other way out...

@anz
nothing as such yar....bas life main kuch chalta rehna chaiye na :D

Unknown said...

I am so pleased to know that you got your gmail back. And I cannot tell you how it broke my heart to unjoin the New Delhi and Delhi Eating Out Guide communities. I just hope you get them back as well.

Richa said...

:)
I know!! Except Nikhil Chinappa, the VJs are all useless.
and it's irritating to watch them, especially that Sophia on MTV. ugh!

R said...

Sheesh I miss Pia on Channel [v]. She is frikking cute man!
And Sarah on [v] is HOT. *dreamy eyes*

Anonymous said...

hello dost... so finally got u on blogspot as well...

so r u also gonna b at the meet on wednesday...??? sounds good.. m gonna catch u thr...and will ask more abt photography...

Cheers..
Saurabh....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/punjabi/