Friday, August 05, 2005

Back to Blogging........

Long time since I wrote anything on my blog. The primary reason for this is of course loads of work at office but I also accept that I have been little lazy to write anything on my page. Though I have a comp at home and if I wanted I could have written from there but somehow I think the best time to write blog is from office. You see, utilizing your time fully ………

A lot happened in between, went to home (Delhi) for about 10 days in mid July, got a salary hike, made some good friends and met few old and few new in Delhi and I am still looking for a good job outside Chennai. Somehow or the other, all the offers I have been getting till now are from Chennai, Bang and Pune. But, I am looking for Delhi or Bombay only……lets see when the fate decides in my favor. I have no reasons to give………maybe just cuz I am big city man J Delhi is of course home and most of my friend circle is there and Bombay is one city I really like a lot. Though both the cities have their own demons to fight with, in past few days.

What happened on 26/7 was terrible. It proved the fact that how much we progress, we need the blessings of someone above us to survive in this world. Never in my dreams, I thought of Bombay facing floods. The gravity of problem was not so visible initially to us people in other cities but gradually the images being shown on TV portrayed the true situation. The irony was that the whole India knew what’s happening in Bombay but the people of Bombay had no idea about what’s happening in other parts. Everyone was just going on in hope that next area would have been in better shape. My Uncle started from IOC office at 4 on 26th and reached Powai – Hiranandani next day at 11. With no way to contact the family and friends out there, people outside Bombay were as helpless as they can be. A lot has been written on what all happened that day but I wish that the people like us should take equal responsibility along with Civic administration for devastation caused by rains in Bombay. If only we treat our colonies and roads as our home by not polluting and fight for our rights with BMC and other administration agencies, the problem wouldn’t have been so severe. We need to forget the “chalta hai” attitude and made our polticians and govt realize the basic infrastructure needs for the society.

Coming back to NCR (Delhi), Gurgaon was in news for all wrong reasons. Though what happened at Honda factory was atrocious but why are we blaming the Police for that? For more on the story do read blog of a friend at

My thoughts are exactly same and don’t have much to add on to it.

Even after this, I still consider both the cities to be the best in India to live. Bombay has a spirit which no other city can match and Delhi has the best infrastructure and city planning in country.

Cheers to both Delhi and Bombay……..

No comments: